“This is a favorite in our family, especially for the holiday dessert table! It is super delicious and addictive … my mom has even been known to make it for my crew during the holidays and Dollar Sale.”
– Fara, Twin Retail
Ingredients for Cake
- ½ cup of chopped nuts
- 1 box of golden butter recipe cake mix
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ cup of dry sherry
- 4 eggs
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sherry
- Grease and flour Bundt pan and arrange chopped nuts on bottom.
- Mix all other ingredients together for two minutes and pour into pan.
- Bake cake at 325 °F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- A few minutes before the cake is ready to come out of the oven, place all glaze ingredients in a saucepan and heat until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour boiling mixture over the hot cake. Pour slowly as it will bubble over.
- Let the cake stand for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.