created by David Alan, The Tipsy Texan
In the Tiki era, cocktails often had long lists of ingredients—and many recipes were closely kept secrets. The snail takes this tradition to the extreme, with over a dozen ingredients that together make for a beguiling but well-balanced punch.
- 8 oz. Flor De Caña 4 Year Gold Rum
- 4 oz. Calvados
- 2 oz. Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- 2 oz. Pear liqueur
- 2 oz. Cachaça
- 2 oz. Domaine de Canton, ginger liqueur
- 2 oz. Balcones Rumble
- 1¾ oz. Aperol
- ½ oz. Hum liqueur
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6–8 oz. The Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas Own Decanter Bitters
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing cup and transfer to a porcelain snail (or similar tiki-ware) filled with large ice cubes and topped with crushed ice. Serve with colorful straws.