“This recipe is going to be a new addition to our Friendsgiving celebration. Give it a try yourself and let us know what you think!” –The Twin Office Team
- 1 spiral sliced ham
- For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8-10 ounce of pineapple juice or orange juice (whatever your preference)
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup dark rum
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add pineapple juice or orange juice, light brown sugar, cinnamon and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add rum, cayenne, and salt.
- Warm the ham in the oven according to the package directions. About half way through heating, brush the ham evenly with some of the glaze.
- Return the ham to the oven and bake until done, brushing it with the remaining glaze every 15 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, let the ham sit to rest then carve.